Open vacancies are posted at NRC Vacancies.
Recruitment through NORDEM
NORDEMs experts go through a competitive and thorough screening process. One of the steps in the recruitment process is to write a short and focused application. We use competency based interviews, which is also the interview form most widely used by the receiving organisations of our personnel.
Most positions are also open to candidates who have not already been admitted to the pool. Candidates are screened based on the criteria in the receiving organisation's vacancy announcement and selected in close cooperation with the receiving organisation. Some of the long term positions NORDEM seconds to are open to citizens of other countries.
Recruitment criteria usually include:
- Higher education within social sciences, law or a related field
- Availability for 6-12 month assignments, with the possibility of extension
- A minimum of three years' relevant work experience, preferably from international work
- Work experience in sought after fields, such as: law, human rights, gender, non-discrimination, anti-trafficking, election administration, democratisation, institution building, good governance etc.
- Experience in competency building, mentoring, advice
- Proficiency in English
- Fluency in either Russian, French or Arabic (CEF-level B2) may be required
- Good computer skills
- Good health (medical certificates are required for many missions)
- Norwegian citizenship and a valid passport
- Excellent cooperation skills, flexibility and willingness to work in challenging condition
Similar requirements applies for the recruitment of election observers.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about our roster and the recruitment process.