Personell to long term assignments within human rights and democratisation are recruited both from the NORDEM pool of experts and through open vacancies posted at NRC Vacancies and through Facebook@work.
Recruitment through NORDEM
NORDEM members go through a competitive and thorough screening process. One of the steps in the recruitment process is to write a short and focused application. NORDEM uses competency based interviews, which is also the interview form most widely used by the receiving organisations of our personnel.
Most positions are open to candidates who have not already been admitted to the roster. Candidates are screened based on the criteria in the receiving organisation's vacancy announcement and selected in close cooperation with the receiving organisation. Some of the long term positions NORDEM seconds to are open to citizens of other countries, primarily citizens of countries from the global South. Normally qualified Norwegian citizens or residents will be preferred.
For long term assignments, the recruitment criteria usually include:
- Higher education within social sciences, law or a related field
- Availability for 6-12 month assignments, with the possibility of extension
- A minimum of three years' relevant work experience, preferably from international work
- Work experience in sought after fields, such as: law, human rights, gender, non-discrimination, anti-trafficking, election administration, democratisation, institution building, good governance etc.
- Experience in competency building, mentoring, advice
- Proficiency in English
- Fluency in either Russian, French or Arabic (CEF-level B2) may be required
- Good computer skills
- Good health (medical certificates are required for many missions)
- Norwegian citizenship and a valid passport
- Excellent cooperation skills, flexibility and willingness to work in challenging condition
Similar requirements apply for the recruitment of election observers.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about our roster and the recruitment process.