The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with over 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and provides assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, information counselling and legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. We work in crises across 30+ countries, where we help save lives and rebuild futures. In 2019 we assisted 9 million people.
Objective of the work
Linked to our Global WASH Strategy, NRC is looking to contract a consultant to lead on identifying opportunities to improve integrated programming (IP) between NRC WASH and other Core Competencies (CCs) like Shelter & Settlements, Education, Livelihoods and Food Security and Housing Land and Property. We want to ensure these CCs always work collaboratively and not in isolation whenever we work in learning spaces to offer the ‘NRC Way’.
Implementation schedule and estimated inputs
Consultancy is expected to start in May 2022. Start and end dates are flexible. The end date is before end of 2023. Duration of the consultancy is not strict.
Qualifications of the consultant
- Relevant qualifications – WASH, Education, Shelter and Settlements or other
- Demonstrable experience of similar consultancies on WASH in Schools and integrated programming
- A broad knowledge of WASH in schools programmes
- Candidates who can demonstrate experience/expertise of both WASH and Education programming is highly favourable
Submission of interest
Interested applicants should submit the following:
- An up to date curriculum vitae
- A covering letter including a description of the proposed process and a breakdown of total cost of the deliverables consisting of 4 pages maximum, including a proposed time-frame.
- Examples of relevant work
Please send submissions to the Global WASH Lead: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for submissions: 31 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Download the full ToR here: