Request for proposals to develop a holistic planning tool on NORCAP’s Area Based Programming
Deadline is 15 August 2022
The Area Based Programming consultant(s) will be asked to develop the scope of work on the review, highlighting the timeframe before starting the in-depth analysis. Three/four countries in Sahel region will be identified together with the internal multifunctional team together with the consultant(s).
This is a home-based role with some travel to Oslo.
Final outputs should include a written report documenting:
- How is Area Based Programme understood by NORCAP’s partners?
- What does Area Based Programme mean for NORCAP?
- Reasons for adopting area based programming along with its challenges.
- Recommendations on how and where it is appropriate for NORCAP to adopt an area based programming lens?
- Recommendations on changes NORCAP would need to make operationally and structurally if it is to adopt Area Based Programme.
This document should be aligned with NORCAP’s strategy and should highlight and reflect all components under the scope of work. It is worth noting that this document will be used as a holistic planning tool and will not replace NORCAP strategy nor will be used as a framework.
Consultant/s will be asked to do presentations to NMT/NORCAP when needed.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within multiple strategic disciplines, including area based programming in humanitarian, development, and/or peacebuilding sectors.
- Master’s degree in related field/s or equivalent (including proven work experience and skills)
- Demonstrated professional knowledge of the humanitarian/development/peacebuilding sectors at both policy and operational level
- Documented results developing and leading related processes, including a good understanding of the Sahel region and countries.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency and/or proficiency in English. Excellent written skills
- French is desirable
How to apply
Submit a short proposal for how they would work with NORCAP to meet the stated objectives of the assignment. Proposal should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with any relevant supporting documentation, before the closing deadline of 15.08.2022, 23:59 UTC+2.
To be included in the proposal:
- The consultants’ understanding of the project
- Presentation of the team, including focal point (consultant), team set up (if more than 1 consultant) explaining how the required expertise is met or exceeded.
- Examples of related previous work
- Price, including travel costs